Friday, July 10, 2009

We don't like needles

Tuesday night Clara Jean had a bit of a meltdown. She was very upset and there were a lot of tears. So much so, that she had me crying right along with her. She kept saying that she didn't like "all the stuff that is happening to me." I could only agree with her. I could only tell her that I didn't like it either. I told her that I didn't understand why she had to go through all of this and that I would take it all away, if I could. I told her that I was going to be right by her side. I told her how proud of her I was and how much I loved her. I reminded her how much God loves her and that He will always be by her side too. She just kept crying.

I asked her several times to talk to me about what she was afraid of, what had her so upset. Her answer every time was that she couldn't talk about it, because it would only make it worse if she talks about it. So I asked her to make a deal with me. I asked her if she would tell me one thing that upset her, in the morning. (It was bedtime.) I told her that she could think about it.

The next morning I asked her if she had thought about it. She said yes and that she wasn't going to tell me anything. I said that it was okay. She burst into tears and started talking 90 miles an hour about how scared of IVs she is. How much they hurt. That she hates them and she never, ever, ever, ever wants to have another one. Well. What could I say to that? Not much. She is going to have to have another IV, possibly several. All I could do was love on her some more and tell her that I understand. That it is OK to be scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment