Sunday, November 1, 2009

Chemo week

(I wrote this on November 1 and never posted it.)

This past week was a chemo week. I have lost track of how many treatments Clara Jean has had. And to be honest, I don't know how many she has to have, only that she will have treatments until sometime in January. And from where I am sitting, that is a LONG way off. I know that it really isn't, but the past 5 months have been the longest of my life.

With Clara having 2 weeks off now, between chemo treatments, life is starting to feel a little normal again. This last break, she felt better than she has felt since this started. One of the hardest parts for me is to watch my once rambunctious, full of energy little girl, sit and watch her sisters play. She'd tell me she was too tired. I used to want her to calm down, sit still. Now all I want her to do is run and yell and laugh. Finally, over the last break, she started to do that.

We went to South Carolina over fall break to visit my parents. Lillie turned 12 while we were there visiting! We celebrated by going to a corn maze/hay ride/pumpkin patch/zip line/rope swing place. (There was even more stuff than that, but I can't remember it all.) Anyway, the girls all loved it! Heck, the adults loved it. It was so fun.

Isn't it wonderful to sit back and watch your kids play? Do you ever do that? I know, we're busy and who has time to sit, right? Life is too short to spend it working and cleaning and cooking and doing laundry. I know, all of those things have to be done. But your kids are only kids for a little while. Play with them, while they still want you to. I found a chair near the rope swings and watched my kids swing and laugh, over and over. Not a care in the world. Even Clara. That girl had bruises on the inside of her thighs from the ropes! It was so wonderful to see the smile on her face and the twinkle in her eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment