Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Slacking

I guess I have really slacked, huh? No news for a while. Things have been going somewhat smoothly for Clara and I have been sick, so I just haven't felt like doing an update. Here's a recap.

Chemo #7 went well. Her ANC was 3100 and we celebrated! Praising God because he is faithful. Clara has been going to school quite a bit and doing very well there. Her teacher has told me several times how proud of her she is. She is handling her emotions well while she is at school and doing well on her work.

Then there is this cough. Clara Jean has had a cough for weeks. She had it when she was in the hospital and she still has it. The oncologist has examined her and listened to her chest several times. Nothing. Toward the end of last week and over the weekend the cough seemed to be getting worse to me. Monday morning she said that her throat hurt, her head hurt and her chest hurt. So I am thinking flu, strep, something like that. I called the oncologist's office and they told me to take her to her regular doctor. So I called his office and set up an appointment for 1 o'clock.

After examining her he asked me some questions about her counts and how she had been doing with her chemo. Then he told me that he didn't really see a reason for her cough. He said that his concern was fungus in her lungs. He told me that because her ANC was below 500 for several days that she was very vulnerable to this type of thing and that he wanted to do a chest x-ray.

The chest x-ray was clear so we are going to see a pulmonologist. The problem with that is that the pulmonologist is booked until the end of December!! So we have an appointment scheduled and we are on the cancellation list. I am praying for there to be a cancellation soon. I also have a call in to the doctor to see if we should take another course of action, like taking her to the ER.

Please pray for us and this situation. We are concerned and are not sure what we should do. Clara is coughing non-stop and is miserable because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment