Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fifth chemo

Clara Jean is an expired license plate police girl!! Every where we go she spots expired license plates. It is crazy. I was so surprised at how many people are out there, driving around, with an expired tag. Her favorite time to look is when we go to Vandy. As we drive through the garage and when we walk to the elevators, she is on the look out. Every week, she sees about five, this week it was more like eight. She gets the biggest kick out of it! This week, CJ wanted to increase her patrol. So, I had to look right and she would look left. She instructed me to look for blue stickers, those are the '09 stickers and then look at the month. If the sticker is orange, there is no need to look at the month, because orange stickers are '10. Oh my, she has a system!

Since CJ's counts were down last week, I was a little nervous waiting on this week's results. So when the nurse came over and said that her counts were "beautiful" I felt so thankful to God for answering our prayers. They administered her chemo and we were on our way.

Since we missed a week and we were on a 6 week plan, we had to add one to the end. So this week should have been week six, but it was really week five. I was really hoping that we would be done with the weekly treatments right after school started but now we have to hang on, just a little longer. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to our two week break. It feels like I am about to go on a vacation! Right now, CJ gets up to go to the bathroom several times in the night. Sometimes she gets up in the middle of the night to eat. Sometimes she gets up just because she can't sleep. All of this is because of the medicine she is on. I am praying that over the two week break, some of this will decrease and CJ and I will both get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment