Friday, May 22, 2009

Monday, May 18

When Clara Jean got up in the morning she seemed fine, but the bump on her head was still the same as it was the night before. I was worried. I took her to school and had the school nurse (thank you, Molly!) look at her. I don't really know why I didn't just throw her in the car and go to the hospital. I guess because there were still no other symptoms and it still didn't hurt. Anyway, after talking to the nurse, instead of the ER, I called the pediatrician. They could see her right away, so we headed there. Our regular doc wasn't available, so we were going to see another doc in our practice.

To make a long story short, the doctors had no idea what the bump was. Our doctor and the other doctor looked at her and both of them said that they had never seen anything like it. Comforting...I know. They set us up for a CT scan on Wednesday. The doc said that because of the absense of neurogical symptoms that it wasn't an emergency and that it was OK to wait until Wednesday. So, we waited...The doctor did tell us that anything out of the ordinary was an emergency. He said to not let her run around and limit physical activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment