Thursday, May 28, 2009

One week

We all hear not to take life for granted. We all hear that our lives can be changed in a split second, in a minute, over an hour, over a day. But right now, what is on my mind, is one week. One week ago, today, my life changed. One week ago today, Dr. Mangrum called me to tell me that my precious 7 year old, my baby, had a tumor on her brain. One week ago today, we went to Vandy's ER, not knowing if they would rush her to surgery, admit her, send her home...we just didn't know. One week ago today, we found out that the tumor had not penetrated her brain, and we praised God.

Now, here I sit looking ahead, one week. One week from today, Tom and I will get up while it is still dark outside. We will wake CJ up and take her back to Vandy. One week from today, my little girl will be prepped, given meds to make her sleep, have the side of her head shaved. One week from today, my little girl will have surgery on her brain. One week from today, our lives will change again.

A lot can happen in a week.

I cannot even begin to explain the way that I feel right now. The way that I feel when I look at Clara Jean. They way that I feel when I get another email or another phone call from someone telling me that they are praying for us. Asking me what they can do to help. I can tell you that I feel God's arms around my family. I feel His presence. I feel protected and safe. I am scared. I don't want my daughter to have to go through this. But "If God is for us, who can be against us?" - Romans 8:31.

No comments:

Post a Comment