Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday, May 26

Today I spoke with Dr. Pearson's (the neurosurgeon) nurse and Dr. Mangrum. They both told me some things that we consider good news. First, Dr. Mangrum told me that he saw the MRI and that the tumor didn't have any malignant indicators! Praise the Lord! Dr. Pearson's nurse told me that the surgery is scheduled to be only an hour or so long and that if all goes as planned CJ will only have to spend one night in the hospital...amazing. She also told me that we could let CJ play softball! I was so excited about that. We really need the distraction and the normalcy. And let me tell you, CJ really needs to get out some of her energy!

Tonight was CJ's teams first tournament game. Her team hasn't won very many games, but they have come a long way. CJ's first at bat she got a big hit and started a big rally! It was great. The girls hit well and fielded as well as they have all season. CJ played in the outfield and, just in case, she wore a batting helmet the whole game. And they won!!! WOOHOO!

After the game I looked out on the field to see our team and the team that we played against all in a huddle, praying. Turns out the coach from the other team, which is a Franklin team, had gotten an email from a friend, who had gotten an email from a friend that has kids at CJ's school. This email was sent just to ask people to pray...for Clara Jean, for my family. Wow. The coach from the opposing team, brought the two together, to pray for my daughter.

What can I say? We serve an amazing God. A God that brings people together, through a heartbreaking circumstance and makes us better people. A God that heals and that will heal CJ, because we ask Him to and we believe that He will. A God that has brought my family peace, even though we are facing a long, hard, scary road. A God that deserves all the glory!

And, Chapman's Retreat, you rock. We are so blessed to be surrounded by people that really care. Thank you so much.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a parent from the opposing team last night and I wanted you to know that your daughter made a big impression on our girls. We were amazed by the strength and perseverance it took for her to play AND for you to let her! (Not to mention-she's a great little player). My daughter has talked about her quite a bit in the few hours since we met on the ballfield. We prayed for CJ last night when she said her prayers and I have prayed for all of you today. We will continue to pray that she will have a quick recovery and that she'll return to being a healthy (sounds like spunky) 7-year-old who had a benign tumor and lots of stories to tell! We will pray for continued strength for you and your entire family. Know that you all have made an impression with your faith and courage. Our team would like to follow up after CJ's surgery and send her a little get-well gift. Would you mind giving me details on how we could get that to her? My email address is: carroll.clan@comcast.net
    Thank you and God bless your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. carroll.clan, thank you so much for your comments. My name is Todd Lewis and I am Clara Jean's coach (by the way, she was 2 for 3 Tuesday night with a run scored). Clara has been an absolute joy to work with this year and is definitely an inspiration to us as well. Your coach and your team really impressed me and I am very thankful for Eric's willingness to lead out in prayer for her. God is already moving in powerful ways through this situation and I can feel that He is definitely not done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also a mom on the opposing team's bleachers that night as well as a member of the class that received the email about your daughter. I prayed for her that day never guessing God would put her directly in my line of sight just a day later. Please know that our prayers didn't end on the field that night. It will be our privelege to continue to pray for peace for your family and complete healing for Clara Jean.

    ReplyDelete