Friday, May 22, 2009

Thursday, May 20

I called the doctor's office around 9:30 hoping for CT scan results. I had to leave a message. The nurse called back around 10 to tell me that they hadn't received a report yet and that they were calling to find out why. We left school around 10:30 and the girls really wanted to go visit my mom. We were at her house when the call came in from the doctor. Dr. Mangrum is our family doctor. He is the one that we couldn't see, but that did look at Clara Jean while we were in his office. We have been going to him for about six years and we love this man! Anyway, I answered the phone and heard his voice...bad news. He made sure that I wasn't driving before he told me that from the CT scan it looked like the mass started in/on her brain and was coming out through her skull. He said that it could be any number of things, that they CT scan didn't give us info like, is it cancer or is it not. He said that he would call me back soon to tell me when we were going to see a neurosurgeon at Vandy.

My "big girls", Lillie and Emma, were both watching me. I thought that I was going to throw up. I had tears in my eyes, but I had to hold it in. I was able to make it into my mom's room before I broke down. I cried, she cried and then we prayed. And then, I had to tell Tom...as soon as I told him, he left work and headed home. We both made the other phone calls. The phone calls to our families and dear friends that have been waiting and praying with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment