Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bone Scan

This afternoon we made our way back to Vandy so Clara Jean could have a full-body bone scan. In her case, they just took x-rays of every bone in her body. When we were walking in from the parking garage, CJ started to cry. She didn't want to go back to the hospital. What if something is wrong and she has to stay? What if they have to "put in an IV" or "take more of her blood out?" I assured her that she wasn't going to have to stay, but I wasn't sure what they were going to do in imaging, so I couldn't make her any promises.

I have made sure that I really pay attention to what I say to her. I can't tell her that she isn't going to have to have surgery again. I can't tell her that she won't have another IV. I can't tell her that she won't have to spend another night in the hospital. I don't know. But what I do know, without a doubt, is that God is on our side. He is in our corner. He is for us, for Clara Jean. After all, He loves her even more than I do. And I know that no matter what comes next, the truth in what I know, won't change.

She was a champ in the x-ray lab. She laid perfectly still ( I know, still amazing!) and they didn't even have to redo one x-ray. These x-rays will tell us if there are anymore tumors somewhere else in her body. It hit me today, as I sat and watched, that that is a possibility. Of course, I already knew that it was, but I guess I just hadn't fully processed what that means.

My prayer today, and until we get these results, is that the x-rays are clean. No tumors. No signs of a tumor. Please join me in praying that she is tumor free.

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for a cleam xray. Tell CJ I am so proud of her. I m proud of you too Kristi. You are a true testimony to relying on Him when it would be very easy not to!!!

    ReplyDelete