Thursday, June 4, 2009

June 4, 2009

We got up at 3:45 this morning so we could leave for the hospital at 4:40. We were supposed to be here at 5:30 and we were right on time. But the admission people were not. No one was here. The lights weren't even all the way up! They arrived shortly after and we registered and waited. Clara Jean was a little would up, but seemed to be doing pretty well. They took us back at about 6:30, took her vitals and talked to us, again, about what they planned to do.

We met the anesthesiologist, the nurses and we talked to the surgical resident again. Then Dr. Pearson came in and talked to us some more. We really like him. Clara Jean picked watermelon for her "smelly medicine" and seemed to be looking forward to it. When they wheeled her down the hall she was chit-chatting with the nurses. I only cried a little. Clara Jean is so brave and I am so proud, so blessed to be her mom.

Coach Todd brought us McDonald's for breakfast and we headed down to the cafeteria. Todd, Tom, my dad, Lorri and I had just sat down and started to eat when we looked up and saw Dr. Pearson coming out of the faculty lounge with a cup of coffee! Now, I don't know about you, but when my daughter is in having brain surgery, I would like the surgeon to be on the room! He was headed upstairs, so that eased our minds. I guess even a brain surgeon needs their coffee before they start working.

Thanks for your contined prayers and all of your support. I would not be able to be sitting here typing if I didn't have God's perfect peace right now. I don't know how people get through life without God, much less hard times like the one we are going through now. I would be curled up on the floor, a complete mess, right now, if I didn't have God.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe they expected you there at 5:30 and weren't even there on time. What a pain. Not that you could probably sleep anyway. I know I never can when I have to get up that early, but it always seems that you have finally fallen asleep before the alarm goes off.

    ReplyDelete