Saturday, June 6, 2009

June 5, 2009

The girls and I got to the hospital around 10. CJ was sitting up in bed watching tv and chatting with her visitors. My grandma, her husband Charlie, my aunt Carrie, my sister Kylie and my mom were all there. (It is so nice to be surrounded by family in times like this.) Tom told me that we were going to be discharged soon! I was so excited! I thought that we would be there all day but the doc had already been in and said that she looked great and that we could go home after breakfast. And that is exactly what we did. I think that I smiled all the way home. We stopped to get some lunch and CJ ate and ate. That made me happy.

When we got home CJ and I laid down together and took a much needed nap. She was still trying to protest that she wasn't tired as her eyelids fell.

In the evening Tom's mom arrived and Coach Todd, Beverly, Joy and Jeff came by. CJ was happy to see them, but was still so worn out.

We had to wash her incision again before bed. Again, she cried. And again, so did I. It is so hard to see your child in pain. It is so hard to watch them cry and not be able to fix it. For two days we had to wash it with water/peroxide and put ointment on it, and I knew that this was the last time for that. Knowing that made it a little easier.

The other thing that she was complaining about was her right eye. It was so swollen and red. The doc had told us that she may end up with a black eye, but I wasn't prepared for how swollen it was. We put ice on it and she feel asleep. Her whole head is still pretty swollen. She doesn't like that very much. She was feel ingwhere the "bump" was when we were still at the hospital and it still feels like it is there. She asked me why she still had a bump and said, "I thought they were going to take the bump out! What are we even doing here??"

No comments:

Post a Comment