Friday, June 12, 2009

Emotional

Clara is having a hard time. She is tired and in pain, but really doesn't want to be. She has been having these outbursts and they can get really out of control. Sometimes it is the littlest thing that sets it off, sometimes it is something that really shouldn't upset her at all. One minute she will be fine and then next she will be stomping her feet, yelling and crying.

Tom called Dr. Pearson's office and they told us that she is probably in more pain than we realize and that she doesn't really understand it either. We had been giving her the Tylenol with codeine at night and regular Tylenol during the day, but Dr. Pearson's nurse said to give her the codeine all the time and see if that helped. It did, but only a little.

We have also been told that brain trauma and/or swelling of the brain can cause this and that it can take somewhere up to three months to go away. Wow. Three months. That seems like forever considering that I don't really know what to do with her when she gets that way. I think that I have been handling it pretty well. I just love on her and sometimes we pray. But sometimes I just want to spank her and send her to her room!! I have talked to Lillie and Emma about it and they have been pretty good with her. But Della isn't even four yet and she doesn't get it at all. In fact, if Della is in the room and CJ starts yelling at her or at one of the other girls, Della just gives it right back to her. I am in constant prayer about this and am trying to not get discouraged. God has been so faithful in answering prayer through this, I know that He hasn't left us.

1 comment:

  1. I know the emotional aspect maybe the hardest of all. She is sick, but acting like that can affect the whole family. Also as a parent, you want to let her know that behavior is unacceptable if she can help it, but if she can't she can't. But then when is it the pain and the brain swelling and when do you know that is over. I really feel your pain.

    I have felt guilty before, because my kids have acted horribly one day and I disciplined them only for them to get sick that night or later that morning. What can you do.

    Love yall,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete