Saturday, June 6, 2009

June 6, 2009

Today went well. I think that everyone slept pretty well last night and CJ was feeling even better. I love to see her smile.

She and I napped together again today. I feel worse today. I am so tired and I have cried a few times. I keep thinking that all I should be feeling is joy. I mean, my baby girl just had brain surgery and is at home recovering beautifully. The docs are 98-99% sure that the tumor is benign. This is all great news. And yet, I just feel blue. Like right after you give birth.

This evening CJ was much better than she was last night. She was smiling and up running around. Running around to the point that I had to make her stop. This evening I was able to wash her hair and wash her incision with baby shampoo. She didn't like it very much, but was a trooper. I think that after she was all clean, she felt better. No more goop in her hair has to feel good.

At dinner, the girls were arguing a little about who should get to sit next to Grandmoo (Tom's mom). Clara Jean said, "How about the girl who just had surgery gets to pick." Hmm...I think she is starting to feel like herself again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kendall Family - I'm so glad to hear the good news, I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please know hope and prayers are all around you. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help.

    ReplyDelete